We have taken the time to gather some useful tips on how to Landscape your garden.
1. Ditch the mower bag. Those grass clippings will become food for earthworms and microbes that will help make your lawn green and healthy.
2. Sure, the view from the street is important, but don't forget to look at your landscape from inside the house. If you have a room with a big window, make sure it looks good from there too.
3. Don't fill every inch of your space with plants and flowers. By next spring, you'll have a weeding and pruning nightmare.
4. That "pretty" red mulch you love? It has been found to contain arsenic and other harsh chemicals that can be harmful to children and pets and will contaminate your soil.
5. Hate bagging leaves? You don't have to. If there's just a light layer, go over them with your mower and leave them on your lawn. As they break down, they'll help limit weeds from popping up.
6. You can send a sample of your soil to a local agricultural agency to have it tested. Dig down six to seven inches deep and then gather two cups of dirt into sample bags. Mail them off to find out what nutrients you need.
7. If you find a flower you like, always buy more than one. Plant clumps of species in odd numbers, such as five or seven in one area, or repeat the groupings throughout your landscape for a unifying effect.
Want A Custom Low Maintenance Garden? You are more then welcome to come in and we will help you with any ideas and also give you some suggestions.
Need a or want to know how to care for a Citrus or Fruit Tree?